Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pain in the Neck

So I went to the Dr to get my ears checked out to make sure that I could still hear ok, and the Dr tells me that I have bumps in my throat. He then proceeds to tell me that it's my thyroid gland that is swollen. I have to get an ultrasound on Monday to determine whether there is anything abnormal happening.

I have been looking on the internet about thyroid...and it's probably just adding to my paranoia... and I have several of the symptoms, but what worries me the most is that I will have an abnormaly in my throat other then the thyroid. I'm always thinking about the worst case scenerio. I guess if worst comes to worst I will have thyroid cancer and I will die. Ok that is pretty bad. But if best comes to best...I will just have low thyroid and have to take a pill every day. It worries me that I have problems with it already because it's not commenly found in people my age according to the research. It's mostly found in people older then 30 or 40 years old.

So the swelling in my neck is big enough that it's like I have a little friend sticking out. With the help of a friend at school we have decided to call my lumps Fred. Fred hurts a little, now that I'm more aware of him, but I probably wouldn't have thought twice before we found him. It just looks so gross...like I need something that makes my neck look fat...ha! Well hopefully it will all be resolved soon!

1 comment:

Katie said...

oh geez. the problems that arise! you'll be fine though don't worry! i had a friend that had to get her thyroid removed when we were in high school and she just had a small scar. so i atleast know someone around our age that had it removed.