Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Life has been going ok for us so far. We are struggling a little bit, but only emotionally for the concerns we have for many of our family members. Every day I feel so blessed to have good people surrounding me and supporting me in the tinest things- like Christmas shopping for four hours (thanks mom), just so that I may have a little comfort.


I feel like I lack a little of the Christmas spirit this season, and I can't quite put my finger on why that is. Last year I was very excited for Christmas to come. I think that I am really a little upset that there is no snow so it doesn't really feel like Christmas yet.


Phoebe is doing really great. She is very healthy. She is in the 10 % for her weight and the 50 % for her height. Despite her small frame, she is very energetic and happy. Here is a picture of her playing in the bath.



She loves the bath and the shower. She tries to reach out and grab the water when she is in the shower. She likes to run away when you try to put on a diaper or clothes on her, and then she looks back to see if you will chase her. She can clap her hands and recognizes the sound of an applause. She is working on giving high fives and I think that I will try to teach her how to wave next. She is just now learning how to snuggle with us. She is starting to understand the word no and a sterner tonality of voice. Avery and Phoebe often feed off of each other. One laughs and the other laughs. It's funny to watch them together.

No comments: