Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is bok choy?

This week has been very busy so far. I started weight watchers this week, and I'm actually attending the meetings. So on Monday, I went to the meeting and got all of the materials I needed, including some recepie books. So I was looking at the recepie books and there are some interesting foods that they want you to cook with. So I was at the grocery store and I was wandering around the produce section, looking for a certain vegetable called bok choy. I could not find this thing anywhere. I went up to the man who was stacking vegetables, and asked if they had any bok choy. He kindly pointed it out, and gave me a funny look, because it happened to be directly in front of me. I didn't know what bok choy looks like! Other items on the list included shallots and scallions. I didn't know what either were (I still don't know what scallions are) and luckily I happen to stumble upon the shallots. And, after all that I forgot to get soy sauce. Anyways, I am interested to see how these recipes turn out.

1 comment:

Katie said...

scallions are essentially green onions, it's just another name for them! :) you'll have to tell me how those recipes turn out and then give me the recipe if they are good. i'm looking for something else to cook, i'm tired of the same ole' thing!