Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Being a New Mom

Being a new mom is quite the experience!


I definently didn't understand how much time and energy it takes to take care of our little one. I mean... I knew that it was going to be hard, but I wasn't expecting it to be THIS hard. She needs constant attention, and most of the time she just wants comfort. Not because she needs feeding or changing. No she is like her momma and she just wants some love!

Ok the whole thing with changing diapers is funny. One of the first times that I changed her, she thought it would be funny to pee all over everything right while I was replacing the diaper. She also likes to soil her newly replaced diapers. I change the dirty ones and then seconds later...anyways. Also, I have changed so many diapers that it takes me only seconds. Mackenze on the other hand is very careful...that means that it takes him two minutes. He has to fold over the dirty parts of the wipes in perfect squares, use the hand sanitizer before and after, and I'm pretty sure he has some sort of phobia with the diaper genie. No...I take that back. I think he has a whole diaper-phobia. Same thing with the toilet. Is there a name for that??? Fecal Phobia? Waste Phobia?? Ok well I might be embellishing this a little. I'm very grateful that he at least changes them and helps me out. He is a great daddy. And Phoebe always settles down better with him than with me. I think that it's because he has so much more patience then I do. I give up too easily.

Here are some more pictures!




No comments: