Friday, March 13, 2009

Sleeping Patterns

I read somewhere that infants sleeping patterns are very erratic for the first couple months of life. Phoebe fits perfectly into this category. When we first brought her home from the hospital, I couldn't sleep because every single sound that she made I had to get up and check to make sure she was ok, and then when she wasn't making any sound I had to go and check her just to make sure that she was breathing. So about the first two days, I didn't sleep at all because I was being a psycho. On some nights, Phoebe gets up every two hours to feed. Other nights, she sleeps an hour here and a few hours there. As of late, Phoebe fusses from about 8-9 o'clock to 12-1 o'clock, then she passes out until 3-4 am and wants to eat. I can usually get her to go back to sleep until about 6-7 am then she eats again. It takes her a little longer to calm down at this time, most of the time she will at least fall back asleep until 8 am. She is in and out of naps throughout the day, usually asleep from 1 pm to 4 pm for her long stretch.

Ok so you are reading this, and if you were me you would be saying "ok Justine, this is pretty boring. No one cares about your baby's sleeping habits." However, I do have a point. First things first though. I have to say that I love my child so much. More than I ever thought I could love something or someone. Ok so the point: THIS SLEEPING PATTERN OR LACK THEREOF DRIVES ME INSANE!!! I guess that pretty much says it all.

1 comment:

Katie said...

that's such a cute photo of her and mack...miss you guys and we'll see in you in 3 weeks!